Refund ACH instructions for Transact
As of August 2022, EKU’s student financial aid refunds will be processed through Transact. This means that all students (including returning students, new students, and transfer students) will need to set up a new eRefund account through Transact (which can be accessed through myEKU) in order to receive their refunds in a timely manner.
- Start by logging into myEKU (formerly EKU Direct) (https://it.eku.edu/myEKU).
- Click on Make a Payment under Student Accounting Services.
- Once redirected to Transact, select My Account in the top right
- Click Sign up under Direct deposit refunds
- Review the terms & conditions, agree & e-sign.
- Type in your bank Routing and Account Number Information. Note: your bank account number is not the same as your debit card number.
- Click Continue
- Verify your informaiton is correct and click Complete
- You will then need to enter a verifcation code sent to your EKU email.
- The Student should receive a confirmation email from Big E Central.
- (Optional) If you wish to receive refunds to your colonel1card, you can do so. Go to https://colonelcard.eku.edu/colonel-card, get your account details, and enter them into Transact.
If you do not enter an ACH account in Transact, your refunds will be sent by paper check to the last updated address with the University and will be delayed.
If you do not already have a bank checking account and would like to open one, there are several banking locations within walking distance of EKU. For a list of banks, go to http://successcenter.eku.edu/community-resources-students.